Tuesday 24 July 2007

19 hours in Toronto: teman2, CN Tower & transit (21-22 June)

Photos here: http://picasaweb.google.com/nickchasingthesunrise/Toronto

As part of my fabulous ticket I get to stop off in transit cities on my route for a maximum of 24 hours. I took advantage of this first in San Fran and then in Toronto where I caught up with Maggie and her hubby. Maggie and I worked together at Ogilvy Jakarta so it was great to catch up with them. I was only there for 19 hours so just caught a glimpse of the fine city. Being an Indonesian and Iranian couple they have a unique perspective, quite the contrast to the western immigrant or expat experience. They insisted on showing me around and went to incredible lengths to look after me. We went to the delightful Hyde Park and the ginormous maple leaf garden. Then we ate until bursting in Chinatown before wandering the city centre and finishing the day off with a superb seafood dinner 300m above the city in the revolving restaurant of the elegant CN Tower, where the glass floor section paralyses those afraid of heights. A unique 19 hours in Toronto.

Next is London and the marvellous Vic Wheeler and gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.