Tuesday 8 May 2007

One more sleep...

The night before the journey begins. After my sister Kate did a great job on my hair I spent most of the day running around getting things like mobile hard disk drives to support my vast arsenal of tasty digital gadgets. It still amazes me in May 2007 that some world body has not insisted that every device be compatible with every other device. Apple are definitely the biggest culprits but Sony are not far behind.




Tonight I had a wonderful family and partners dinner for my dear sister, Jody, who turned 30. It was the first night out with my new haircut (see below) and apart from people crossing the road to avoid me, I think it went pretty well. I tried to convince Jody how much your 30s rock and so gave her a lovely interior design book to help soften the blow of the $1 besqullion mortgage they just acquired.

I finally head east tomorrow after some wanderings north and west, I sooooo can't wait. Soon I will be in San Francisco for 23 hours (only allowed 5 stops on the ticket unless I stop for less than 23 hours) and dining out California style. Then on to Vancouver and those whales and grizzlies. The big challenge will be to see if I can spot a spirit bear, now that would be swell.

1 comment:

  1. All the best Nick can't wait to see you when you finally get to Singapore!

    Mel
    X

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.